Welcome To The Brains Trust Blog!

Within this blog, you will find the wonderful ramblings of an eclectic crew of VFX artists, and interesting articles on tech, software, movies & games. Please read on, and enjoy.


Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quicktime tip of the day

Hi - 


Ever clicked on a quicktime only to have it open Final Cut Pro instead of the QT player ? That always annoys me - and usually isn't what is wanted, just there because it was made in FCP.

I found that you can change that on OSX by doing an apple-i (get info) on the file, going down to the "Open with:" menu and changing that from Final Cut Pro to Quicktime Player.

Ha ha ! - take that, annoying thing.

PW.

2 comments:

  1. Also - if you hold down Option and right click on the said file in the finder, you'll note that "open with" in the context menu, changes to "Always Open With"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brill tip. I was having this issue when I had a trial version of FCPHD on this laptop. I uninstalled FC and all was good.

    ReplyDelete